Cannabidiol, commonly dubbed CBD oil, is now a famous compound obtained from the cannabis plant.
Though typically obtainable as an oil, CBD also comes in topical creams, sprays, lozenges, and other forms.
CBD oil has many advantages, including improved brain and heart health, natural pain relief, and reduced anxiety
In this article, we’ll explore the current research on CBD and how it affects weight.
CBD Oil Explained
CBD is on the list of many compounds referred to as cannabinoids present in the marijuana plant. Many scientific studies have been undertaken to discover different medicinal uses of this oil.
CBD oil has a high concentration form of CBD. However, it’s crucial to remember that the concentrations and their applications differ. So, you might want to check with your physician prior to using CBD for your condition.
Can CBD Oil Facilitate Weight Loss?
CBD oil has been said to improve other aspects of health, including weight loss. Some of its potential effects on weight loss are as follows:
Boosts metabolism and lowers food consumption
Recent studies have concluded that CBD oil might help increase metabolism and decrease food intake, which could in turn facilitate weight loss.
For instance, animal studies show that CBD affects weight by intermingling with CB2 and CB1 receptors in the brain and lymphoid tissue. These receptors are thought to play significant roles in metabolism and food consumption.
Zamnesia’s Smartshop has a wide array of products with similar effects to CBD. It’s a smartshop with an extensive assortment of natural psychedelics, energizers, aphrodisiacs, power herbs, etc.
Enables ‘browning’ of fat cells
There are two kinds of fat in your body, the white and brown.
White fat is the most predominant form of fat in your body and is responsible for supplying and storing energy while cushioning and insulating your organs. It’s also the kind of fat mostly correlated with chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes when in excess.
On the flip side , brown fat is solely responsible for producing heat by torching calories. People with a healthy weight have more brown fat than overweight folks. White fat can be converted to brown fat by exposing yourself to cold temperatures, getting enough sleep and exercising.
Studies indicate that CBD might Facilitate this process. A recent test-tube study by health researchers found out that CBD resulted in “browning” in fat white cells and improved the expression of specific proteins and genes that encourage brown fat.
Cannabis use has been linked to reduced body weight
Though cannabis use is commonly accompanied by increased food consumption, those who use cannabis products tend to weigh less than those who don’t. Since CBD is prevalent in cannabis, it’s most likely involved in this relationship. That said, health professionals have concluded that cannabinoids in general — including CBD — affect all weight-related bodily functions.
What to Consider when Buying CBD oil
When shopping for CBD oils, you should ensure the product is made from third-party tested U.S.-grown hemp. Even better, look for broad-spectrum or full-spectrum products, comprising 0.3 percent THC. It’s also an excellent idea to check the product’s label for other additives. You’ll typically come across added flavors, MCT oil, or hemp oil.
Other Potential Health Benefits of CBD oil
- CBD oil helps strengthen the heart. It helps your circulatory system and also helps in preventing high blood pressure.
- CBD oil also has been reported to have neuroprotective characteristics. It helps alleviate the signs of any form of mental disorder and promotes brain protection.
- CBD oil has also shown positive effects on reducing the effects of acne on the skin. CBD poses anti-inflammatory characteristics that help reduce signs of acne and hinders over-regulation of sebum in the skin.
- According to recent studies, CBD oil can also ease cancer-related symptoms. CBD also helps alleviate vomiting and pain brought about by chemo.
- Continuous use of CBD on both humans and animals has also shown positive effects on decreasing anxiety and depression. It possesses certain properties that are a normal anti-depressant.
- CBD, when administered to a patient with THC, can help reduce pain caused by certain diseases such as multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- CBD has been shown to prevent diabetes along with the spreading of any form of tumor growth in human and animal glands.
- Researchers have also shown that CBD can be used to treat patients with a history of substance abuse.
Admittedly, CBD oil has numerous advantages, one of which is to help with cutting weight. Note that it’s important to start slow and up your dosage as per your physician’s recommendations.
CBD oil might help you lose weight on its own, however, when incorporated to a healthy exercise regimen and diet, the results are incredible.